International Scientific Symposium
Planning the conservation of Quebec’s northern ecosystems: The challenge of a decade
Montréal Botanical Garden and
The Université de Montréal Biodiversity Centre
Montreal, Quebec, April 25–27, 2012
To establish a common understanding of the major conservation issues at stake in implementing the government’s commitment to protect half of the territory covered by the Plan Nord, namely with respect to:
- Existing or possible biodiversity conservation means over large territories;
- Conditions for the successful implementation of environmental planning.
A series of questions and concrete recommendations adapted to Québec’s reality to assist the government in implementing its commitment to protect 50% of the territory covered by the Plan Nord.
The Event Will Bring Together:
- International and local scientists
- Aboriginal and non-Aboriginal experts in community planning
- Natural resource conservation and management experts
- Government officials
Who Should Come:
- Environmental Organizations
- General public
We gratefully acknowledge the support of our partners who have helped make this event a success.